Thursday, September 4, 2008

Howdy, y'all!

And so it begins. This is the first ever post on Horns and Heifers. Before we get to the meat of the posts, I figured I'd introduce myself and the blog. It's a little thing called social penetration...

I am a writer from the greater Milwaukee Metropolitan area. My older sister, who will be making regular appearances, is a fine writer in her own right in Austin, Texas. Our goal is to bring you a side of the news that gets forgotten, that from the non-coastal areas.

I'll be representing the views of the Heifers, the fine 'sconsinites of the Dairy State. Susie will be covering the Horns, though she is an Aggie fan. And, just as our logo features the Burnt Orange Longhorn and Maroon Gig 'em thumb in harmony, we too will remain fair. We will include as many illogical views and liberal mistakes as we will USC, UGA, or Florida logos. Fair does not mean wrong.

Many of the posts you read here will be a pseudo-debate format. My sister and I will take turns starting a discussion. We'll go back and forth twice. Sometimes we will agree. Other times we will disagree. Either way, we will uncover the arguments so we can have furtive conversation among all of us.

You have a responsibility, too. Talk to us. Make lively conversation. Suggest topics. Susie and I are new to blogging, so we are far from the established institution. We are, to be frank, the right kind of change. After all, you don't want more of the same like the Huffington Post or Alan Colmes' ridiculous Liberaland. You want us...and we know it.

No comments: